Full details at: https://cdl.phfi.org/portal/node/112
Enrollments open for January 2017 batch… Apply Now !
Population based approaches have been the mainstay of research in the field of nutrition for decades. However, in an age of growing health consciousness and fitness, public health nutrition (PHN) workforce development is increasingly becoming a global focus. In an effort to provide direction to nutrition research in the country and with the objective of contributing towards training future leaders in the field of nutrition, the Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) launched a postgraduate diploma in PHN in the year 2010 for the benefit of all stakeholders.
Course Design and Duration
Designed as a one year postgraduate diploma program, the course focuses on the following:
- Fundamentals of food science and nutrition
- Epidemiological methods of research, community nutrition and new innovations in/aspects of nutritional science
The course is open to the following candidates:
- Graduates in all disciplines, especially public health, nutrition and medicine.
- Paramedical personnel, including nurses, social workers, public health educators and health assistants.
- Researchers from nutrition and allied fields, including clinicians involved in nutrition research.
- Nutrition program related practitioners in the public and private sectors.
More details about contents, methods, evaluation, and also a full brochure available at: https://cdl.phfi.org/portal/node/112