Encouraging Undergraduate students of any health sciences stream to learn literature searching & referencing
If you are a UG student of any health sciences stream, and are an Indian Citizen, this is for you:
We currently have four online courses:
- Information Resources & Literature Searching (Free)
- Introduction to Referencing (Free)
- Mastering PubMed
- Reference Management with Mendeley
And “Resources for you” – a database of useful resources for research and writing!
To access the courses that are not free, we request for a small donation of Rs 250/- as your commitment to do all the courses. You will also get access to the resources database
Do note – this is special for UG students in India, because a donation of Rs 250/- cannot really support what we do. We are raising money through another initiative so that we can support your access and any mentoring that you may need. What you give is a token of commitment.
How do you get access to our courses and mentoring?
Please fill in this form to express your interest in taking our courses.(Right now we have raised money for around 100 students and have given access to 25 students who were interested, so we can give you access to the courses once you register).
- Next, go to our Courses Website
- Click Login (top right corner)
- Click Create new account and register
- You can now access the free courses
To access the rest, you need to make a donation (see below). We manually activate access for the non-free courses, within 24 hours of your donation
Donating to get access to the rest of the site
Option 1 – Preferred – Please go to www.qmed.ngo/donate-dm, choose the first option – General fund. Enter 250/- and click Donate now and follow instructions
Option 2 – If the above is difficult
Scan this code and give Rs 250/-
As you finish donating – please send a mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details (only for those who used Option 2)
- Transaction no
- Your name
- Email id
Once you donate, we manually activate access for the non-free courses, within 24 hours
Rewards and prizes that you could win
- If you finish all four courses within a month of your getting access, and get at least 60% in all you get a prize of Rs 250/-. Note – you should get these scores in the first attempt
- If you finish all four courses within a month of your getting access, and get 100% in the first two courses and at least 80% in the other two, you get a prize of Rs 500/-. Note – you should get these scores in the first attempt
- If you finish all four courses within a month of your getting access, and get 100% in all four courses, you get a prize of Rs 1000/-. Note – you should get these scores in the first attempt
Explanation about attempts – These scores are NOT about the MCQs that come at the end of sections, but only those that are in the Final Assessment. You get a chance to do more than one attempt in the final assessment of each course. But the prizes are offered only if you get the said scores in the first attempt. This is not very tough, because just like an “open book exam” we encourage you to check out a video lesson before you answer a question. The whole idea is to encourage you to learn thoroughly
Raising funds for this project:
We are raising funds towards supporting UG students.
We request seniors in the profession and members of the public to donate towards this cause. Please visit https://www.qmed.ngo/donate and help us support & mentor UG students with our online courses
Note: The rewards and prizes schemes may be changed at regular frequencies
Page last checked / updated – 13-Sep-2021