If you are a UG student of any health sciences stream, and are an Indian Citizen, this is for you:
Over the years Undergraduate Students of different health sciences streams have convinced us that the UG stage is the best time to learn the skills of Literature Searching and Referencing. Many have surprised us with their learning speed and some also with their interest in learning more and more.
The UG phase is the “learning phase”. When you enter the PG phase, it is a phase of learning plus patient care responsibilities. Learn NOW – the benefits are life-long!
We currently have four online courses:
- Information Resources & Literature Searching (Free)
- Introduction to Referencing (Free)
- Mastering PubMed
- Reference Management with Mendeley
And “Resources for you” – a database of useful resources for research and writing!
Before registering, please check:
- If the Institution you study in, has subscribed to our courses. Check this link and if you see your institution name, follow the instructions in the box above the list (Register through your institution’s link or contact the concerned people)
- When you enrol through your institution, you will immediately get access for the free courses and we will activate access to the other courses and the Resources Library!
If your institution has not subscribed:
You will enrol as an individual – following these two steps:
- Give a donation to QMed
- Enrol in our Courses webste.
Giving a donation:
To access ALL our courses, and our “Resources for you” database, we request for a donation of Rs 250/- as your commitment to do all the courses. (More details on how to give your donation – further below)
Do note – this is special for UG students in India, because a donation of Rs 250/- cannot really support what we do. We are raising money through another initiative so that we can support your access and any mentoring that you may need. What you give is a token of commitment.
Steps to give your donation
Option 1 – Preferred – Please go to www.qmed.ngo/donate-dm, choose the first option – General fund. Enter 250/- and click Donate now and follow instructions
Option 2 – If the above is difficult
Scan this code and give Rs 250/-
As you finish donating – please send a mail to us at email@example.com with the following details (only for those who used Option 2)
- Transaction no
- Your name
- Email id
- Visit www.qmedcourses.in and first check the Instructions page
- Register yourself, following instructions that you read.
- Send us an email – to firstname.lastname@example.org – copy / paste the following text:
a) Subject: Request for access to QMedCourses – UG Student –
b) Body of the mail: I have made a donation of Rs 250/- I am attaching my student ID card as a proof of being a UG student. Please activate access to all courses
- Attach your Institution’s ID card. It should show your name, the Institution’s name and the dates of validity
- Please wait for about 24 hours for us to activate access (meanwhile you can do the free courses as soon as you register). In case you are not able to access the non-free courses after 24 hours, do write to us or send a Whatsapp message to +919867292230
Rewards and prizes for good scores
- Rs 250/ if you get at least 60% in all courses
- Rs 500/- if you get 100% in the first two courses and at least 80% in the other two
- Rs 1000/ – if you 100% in all four courses
- You need to finish all four courses within a month of your registering.
- You should get these scores in the first attempt of the Final assessment
Explanation about attempts – These scores are NOT about the MCQs that come at the end of sections, but only those that are in the Final Assessment. You get a chance to do more than one attempt in the final assessment of each course. But the prizes are offered only if you get the said scores in the first attempt. This is not very tough, because just like an “open book exam” we encourage you to check out a video lesson before you answer a question. The whole idea is to encourage you to learn thoroughly
Raising funds for this project:
We are raising funds towards supporting UG students.
We request seniors in the profession and members of the public to donate towards this cause. Please visit https://www.qmed.ngo/donate and help us support & mentor UG students with our online courses
Note: The rewards and prizes schemes may be changed at regular frequencies
Page last checked / updated: 10-Mar-2023