Encouraging Undergraduate students of any health sciences stream to learn literature searching & referencing
If you are a UG student of any health sciences stream, this is for you:
We currently have four online courses:
- Information Resources & Literature Searching (Free)
- Introduction to Referencing (Free)
- Mastering PubMed
- Reference Management with Mendeley
For courses that are not free, we ask you for a donation of Rs 250/- as your commitment to do all the courses.
Do note – this is special for UG students, because a donation of Rs 250/- cannot really support what we do. We are raising money through another initiative so that we can support your access and any mentoring that you may need. What you give is a token of commitment.
How do you get access to our courses and mentoring?
- Please fill in this form to express your interest in taking our courses.(Right now we have raised money for around 100 students and have given access to 11 students who were interested, so we can give you access to the courses once you register).
- Next, go to our Courses Website
- Click Login (top right corner)
- Click Create new account and register
- You can now access the free courses
- Next, again go to the top of this web page and click the Donate button
- For the first option – General Fund – enter 250 and make your donation of Rs 250/-
- Do write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you donated, and you would like access to the courses.
(This, because there are donors who give us a similar donation only to support our cause, they do not need the courses)
- In case you choose the QR Code / UPI option, after donating, please enter the UPI Ref no and the amount in the boxes in the same page
- Within 24 hours, we will activate the access to the other courses
Rewards and prizes that you could win
- If you finish all four courses within a month of your getting access, and get at least 60% in all you get a prize of Rs 250/-. Note – you should get these scores in the first attempt
- If you finish all four courses within a month of your getting access, and get 100% in the first course and at least 80% in the other two, you get a prize of Rs 500/-. Note – you should get these scores in the first attempt
- If you finish all four courses within a month of your getting access, and get 100% in all four courses, you get a prize of Rs 1000/-. Note – you should get these scores in the first attempt
Explanation about attempts – These scores are NOT about the MCQs that come at the end of sections, but only those that are in the Final Assessment. You get a chance to do more than one attempt in the final assessment of each course. But the prizes are offered only if you get the said scores in the first attempt. This is not very tough, because just like an “open book exam” we encourage you to check out a video lesson before you answer a question. The whole idea is to encourage you to learn thoroughly
Raising funds for this project:
We are raising funds towards supporting UG students.
We request seniors in the profession and members of the public to donate towards this cause. Please visit https://www.qmed.ngo/donate and help us support & mentor UG students with our online courses
Note: The rewards and prizes schemes may be changed at regular frequencies